We want to make studying at International House Sydney an exciting, challenging and fulfilling experience. For many it is a life-changing one too.
Whether you choose to Learn English, or Teach English, we are committed to delivering the very highest standards in teaching, facilities and customer care, with:
- Qualified, professional teachers
- Extensive qualifications & experience
- Teachers are chosen for their ability to engage and develop students
- Energetic and ambitious teachers who are genuinely focused on their students’ progress
- Fun, interactive lessons
- Individual help when required
Whatever your choice, you will find the International House approach to language learning both enjoyable and effective.
At International House Sydney we select our teachers and teacher trainers based upon their qualifications, level and range of experience, communication skills and ability to support students and teacher trainees.
As a minimum all International House Sydney teacher trainers are accredited by Cambridge University as teacher trainers and hold the following:
- University degree
- TESOL certificate – Cambridge CELTA, Certificate IV in TESOL or Trinity Certificate in TESOL
- Post graduate professional qualifications – Cambridge DELTA, Trinity Diploma TESOL, MEd (TESOL), MA (TESOL), MA (Applied Linguistics)
- An average of 12 years teaching/training experience
Their qualifications are enhanced by their extensive work experience including positions as English as a Foreign Language published authors, Cambridge University assessors and examiners, Director of Studies and School Director. Collectively, they have worked and lived in over 30 countries and are passionate about sharing their knowledge with their students.
All trainers have experience in:
- Teaching a range of English classes: General English, examination classes (IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC and Cambridge), Business English, English for Specific Purposes (ESP) and Academic English (EAP) from beginner to advanced levels
- Observation and assessment of teachers in the classroom and the provision of feedback
- Professional development of teachers