The Introduction to Grammar course is for people who wish to gain a greater understanding of the English language system and who are interested in how language is described and taught in English language classrooms. You will be looking to improve your knowledge of grammar before taking a recognised teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL) qualification such as the Cambridge CELTA or Certificate IV in TESOL courses to train to teach English overseas or here in Australia.
What is the Introduction to Grammar Course?
- Excellent preparation course for those considering the Cambridge CELTA course or the Certificate IV in TESOL training programmes
- Ideal for students who want to teach English overseas or here in Australia
- Flexible study options
- Build confidence and awareness in English grammar fast
Who is the Introduction in Grammar course designed for?
- People wanting to improve knowledge of grammar before starting TESOL qualifications such as Cambridge CELTA or Certificate IV in TESOL courses
- Native or near native speakers wanting to brush up on grammar skills for their careers
- People who need a strong command of English writing in their profession
- Terminology relating to parts of speech and common tenses e.g. present perfect, past continuous
- Understanding of meaning, form and use
- Increased confidence in identifying grammatical structures
- Resources and skills for researching language
More information about Introduction to Grammar
This short introductory course delivered by distance, or over two evenings face to face, is designed to introduce you to basic terminology used to describe language in English language teaching classrooms, give you an overview of parts of speech such as nouns, pronouns, articles, conjunctions, and also develop a solid understanding of the English verb system. It also introduces you to a range of reference materials useful for language analysis in the English as a foreign language field.
The distance delivery mode provides students the flexibility to study at their own pace and in their own environment.The face to face delivery mode will be interactive and trainee-centred, and both modes are designed to build confidence and awareness in approaching the field of English grammar. It will be of interest and benefit to anyone who ‘just can’t remember’ or was never taught grammar at school and is a useful starting point for anyone about to join the world of teaching English as a foreign language.
Certification & Recognition:
Upon successful completion, certification is issued by International House Sydney.
Assessment tasks and/or homework are mandatory components of the Introduction to Grammar course and there is no final examination.
- Start anytime
Face to Face Mode:
|2018 Monday and Wednesday evenings 5:45pm-9:15pm|
|29th & 31st Jan , 26th Feb & 28th Feb, 26th & 28th Mar, 30th Apr & 2nd May, 28th & 30th May, 25th & 27th Jun, 23rd & 25th Jul, 20th & 22nd Aug, 17th & 19th Sep, 15th & 17th Oct, 12th & 14th Nov, 10th & 12th Dec|
|2019 Monday and Wednesday evenings 5:45pm-9:15pm|
|30th Jan & 1st Feb, 25th & 27th Feb, 25th & 27th Mar, 29th Apr & 1st May, 27th & 29th May, 24th & 26th Jun, 22nd & 24th Jul, 19th & 21st Aug, 16th & 18th Sep, 14th & 16th Oct, 11th & 13th Nov, 9th & 11th Dec|