The professional development range of courses offered by International House Sydney is designed for trainers who want to develop specialist skills. Each module contains commentaries to offer background information on teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL) methodology, solutions to problems, activities and practical ideas to use in the classroom. Delivered by distance learning, trainees can study in their own time and at their own pace, anywhere in the world.
What is the Teaching Younger Learners Online Course?
- Develop specialist skills to teach younger learners
- Online mode lets you start at your convenience and at your own pace
- Tailored lessons to meet the younger student needs
Who is the English Teaching Younger Learners (Online) course designed for?
- English language trainers who want to further develop their professional skills to teach English to children aged 4 to 12 years old
- Cambridge CELTA or Certificate IV in TESOL graduates who want to develop specialist skills to teach English to younger learners
- Trainers who want to develop the skills and knowledge required to deliver better lessons to this younger learner age group
- Make the classroom fun and challenging for younger learners
- Build upon your existing knowledge of teaching English as a second language and English as a first language
- Learn how to adapt your skills to the younger learner’s classroom
- Gain confidence and control in the younger learner’s classroom
- Introduce practical learning activities for younger learners
More information about Teaching Younger Learners Online
- Teaching English to young & very young learners
- Classroom management
- Planning for younger learners
- Speaking and listening skills
- Reading and writing skills
- Clarifying language
- Different approaches to teaching younger learners
- Dealing with mixed ability classes
Assessment in the form of a written examination is incorporated in the programme and must be successfully completed to qualify for certification.
Certification & Recognition:
Upon successful course completion, certification is issued by International House Sydney.
- Tuition fee: $180
IH Sydney Cambridge CELTA students can gain two professional development programmes for the price of one.
|CELTA course fee||Assessment fee||*2 x Professional development programmes||Total|
*2 x professional development programmes: (English Teaching Younger Learners & Teaching 1 to 1)