Congratulations on your acceptance to International House Sydney. We hope your time here is enjoyable and a great learning experience. We welcome you and look forward to helping you achieve your goal in improving your English and/or teaching skills. We commit to the provision of:
- Quality client service before, during and after training courses: friendly advice at all times, course information, access to facilities and equipment such as photocopying services and book supplies
- Adequate assessment systems of trainees, staff and courses, and a commitment to continual revision and improvement of these systems based on regular recorded and followed up feedback, and procedures for acting on grievances
- Continual review and improvement of our services and processes with the involvement of all members of staff
On Your First Day
When you arrive at the college you will need to go to Reception, who will mark your name off and make sure you have everything you need. After that you may also be asked to complete a language test which will help us put you in the right class, followed by an orientation of the school and local area. Please don’t be afraid to ask questions if there is anything you don’t understand.
Students need to bring the following on the first day:
- Offer letter
- Visa details (Type of visa, when you arrived to Australia and until when your visa is valid)
- Complete address of where you are living in Australia
- Full Name and address of someone in Australia (friend, family, etc) (Emergency contacts)
- $50 book deposit in cash (exact money please)
- 1 A4 lever arch folder for your notes during the course.
And the following documents if your haven’t sent them yet:
- A copy of your CV
- Photocopies of any certificates/ qualifications
- A copy of your passport or driver’s licence (or other form of photo ID)
Address: Level 1, 203 Clarence Street, Sydney 2000
Phone: (02) 9279-0733
Fax: (02) 9279-4544
School Opening Hours
We are open from 8:30am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday, which allows you to come in early and get a head start on your studies or allows you to stay back to study.