At International House Sydney we select our teachers and teacher trainers based upon their qualifications, level and range of experience, communication skills and ability to support students and teacher trainees. Our teachers and trainers have extensive qualifications and experience.
As a minimum all International House Sydney teacher trainers are accredited by Cambridge University as teacher trainers and hold the following:
- University degree
- TESOL certificate – Cambridge CELTA, Certificate IV in TESOL or Trinity Certificate in TESOL
- Post graduate professional qualifications – Cambridge DELTA, Trinity Diploma TESOL, MEd (TESOL), MA (TESOL), MA (Applied Linguistics)
- An average of 12 years teaching/training experience.
Their qualifications are enhanced by their extensive work experience including positions as EFL published authors, Cambridge University assessors and examiners, Director of Studies and School Director. Collectively, they have worked and lived in over 30 countries and are passionate about sharing their knowledge with their students.
All trainers have experience in:
- Design and delivery of teacher training courses and materials as initial teacher training and professional development for experienced teachers
- Observation and assessment of teachers in the classroom and the provision of feedback
- Teaching a range of English classes: General English, examination classes (IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC and Cambridge), Business English, English for Specific Purposes (ESP) and Academic English (EAP) from beginner to advanced levels
- Professional development of teachers
As a minimum all International House Sydney English teachers will hold:
- A university degree
- Accredited TESOL qualifications eg. Cambridge CELTA or Certificate IV in TESOL.
Teachers are chosen for their ability to engage and develop students. Many of our English language teachers are aiming to develop their skills in the area of teacher training and as a result we attract energetic and ambitious teachers who are genuinely focused on their students’ progress. Any teachers who have shorter professional teaching experience will have achieved the highest grades in their initial TESOL training.