The professional development range of courses offered by International House Sydney contain commentaries to offer background information on teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL) methodology, solutions to problems, activities and practical ideas to use in the classroom. Delivered by distance learning, trainees can study in their own time and at their own pace, anywhere in the world.
What is the Teaching 1 to 1 Online?
- Tailored approach to teaching individual students
- Flexible start dates
- Study in your own time and at your own pace
Who is the Teaching 1 to 1 (Online) course designed for?
- Trainers who want to develop specialist skills
- For TESOL graduates and English language trainers who want to offer private tuition to adult language learners in a one-to-one setting
- Awareness of the challenges that are unique to teaching 1-to-1 and practical ideas to overcome these
- Tools to assess the needs of individual students
- An ability to tailor study programmes and materials that motivate each student
More information about Teaching 1 to 1 Online
- Motivation and learning styles
- Needs analysis and level testing
- Planning a series of lessons
- Teacher roles and cultural awareness
- The role of formal instruction in learning
- Writing skills and written reformulation
- Techniques to help students speak
- Speaking skills and spoken reformulation
- Learner training and study skills
Assessment in the form of a written examination is incorporated in the programme and must be successfully completed to qualify for certification.
Certification & Recognition:
Upon successful completion, certification is issued by International House Sydney.
- Course Fee: $180
IH Sydney Cambridge CELTA students can gain two professional development programmes for the price of one.
|CELTA course fee||Assessment fee||*2 x Professional development programs||Total|
*2 x professional development programmes: (Teaching 1-to-1 & Teaching Younger Learners)