120 contact hours, which include:
These explore teaching methodologies such as: how to teach speaking, writing, reading, grammar, pronunciation, vocabulary and function; how to analyse language; how to teach adults in a variety of contexts; lesson planning; how to adapt and create classroom materials; factors affecting motivation, cultural backgrounds and learning styles.
- Six hours of assessed teaching practice with real students in real classes
- Detailed oral and written feedback of your teaching practice
- Time to ask your tutor questions about your teaching practice lessons
- Six hours observing lessons taught by experienced teachers
- A minimum of 120 hours self-study at home including required course reading, lesson preparation and course assignments
How we Teach:
English language teaching at International House Sydney is based on Communicative Language Teaching methodology. The central principles that surround this approach to language teaching are based on students being very active and engaged in the classroom. Lessons are ‘student-centred’, allowing students to participate fully and discover English with their teacher facilitating this process. For learning to be successful, students must be motivated, and by encouraging and engaging our students, we achieve very positive learning outcomes.